Saturday, October 5, 2013

Buon Fresco Painting Foundations: Volume 2 Fresco Cartoon



A must for any artist
The value range principle illustrated in the DVD gives completely different meaning to the preparatory drawing which made it easy to understand painting using transparent layers. It even changed the way I look at the work of the old masters - I can see the "layers" as they used them.

take this cartoon seriously
[[ASIN:0982268920 Buon Fresco Painting Foundations: Volume 2 Fresco Cartoon]
I initially watched this DVD because it was highly recommended by another artist for my own use as a professional Realism painter. After I watched Volumes 1 & 2, I realized I could use the entire set of 5 to improve my 40 years of materials in lectures and demo's to my university and museum students.
It's quite possible for anyone to watch all 5 DVD's and create a quality fresco or greatly improve their art, either along with the artist-demonstrator in real time or after watching. It's also possible to separate the components into individual techniques; I now require my drawing and painting students to watch Volume 2, "Cartoon." It's a detailed demonstration in constructing values (black to white) in pencil, the effect of light upon a subject. Value should be the first course of any comprehensive art program but those courses are rarely so informative or interesting.

What is little...



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment