Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cut-Throats Nine / Joshua



2 unique westerns of the era make for a good DVD
I got this DVD cause I have heard a lot about Cut Throats Nine, mainly that it is one of the bleakest and goriest westerns of the era (which is saying a lot considering this was released the same time the Italians were really pushing the envelope in terms of violence with their westerns). And it is true, I was expecting scenes of people getting riddled with bullets or scalped by Native Americans but instead I got these long Fulciesque, lingering shots of the aftermath of mutilation and murder... it is really nauseating. The story is also very bleak and there is a constant feeling of hopelessness from the beginning to the end of the film. At the same time, I think the film is very well acted and the story is quite compelling, even throwing in a predictable but nice little twist. Another thing I liked a lot about the movie is the locations, it's mainly shot outdoors in some truly beautiful snow covered mountain ranges. All in all, though quite unpleasant, I do think Cut Throats Nine is...

Western's
If Cut-Throat Nine is a cult classic, cults must be getting more stupid. One of the worst movies I've ever scene. Despite getting 2 movies for the price of one, it still wasn't worth it !!!



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment