Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mi-5: Volume 9



Love MI-5
I was lucky enough to catch this on netflix. I was shocked to see if released so early. The series does start to take a few twists and turns in each character plot. Lucas North is just amazing and will continue to amaze throughout this season. Fine acting, fine storylines and it is BBC. Love it.

Best Series since The Wire
I'm not sure in the 9th year Spooks deserves 5 stars but I know it doesn't deserve a one, so consider this the antidote. Even when it isn't at the top of its game and I still think 8 and 9 both improved over the middle years although for me this series never goes below a 4 star ranking. I miss Adam but then that's the genius of this series over all American ones is that no one character (except the beloved Harry of course) is indispensible. From Tom to Adam to Roz, all died for Queen and Country and on the series goes. My wife saw me watching episode one of season 9 (I have a region free DVD which I bought on Amazon for 60 bucks and it is the best money I ever spent. I've now watched both seasons of Garrow's Law (best new series out there) and all because I can buy BBC on Amazon UK and if you're Amazon Prime the shipping cost is negligible.
Anyway I'm watching episode one of season 9 of Spooks and my wife said "hey how come I'm not watching this show with you"? So I went...

WOW!!!!
Usually there's a year's wait between MI 5 seasons. This one is coming out just 6 months or so after season 8. I'm thrilled. My family and I all love this show.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment