Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Cask of Amontillado



Great Film Version of "The Cask of Amontillado"
After reading Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado," I showed this film to my freshman English classes, and the students absolutely loved it. Everything about this short film adaptation is perfect: the acting, the costumes, the set designs, the music, and the screenplay (it's almost word for word Poe). What this film also captures--and what students really appreciate--is Poe's dark sense of humor. The scene where Montressor tries to out-scream Fortunato is funny and unforgettable--it's worth the price of the DVD alone. I'm always searching for current film versions of Poe's stories, and this is undoubtedly the best. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys Poe.

a fantastic adaptation of a classic tale
This film is a must see for any Edgar Allan Poe fan. After attending the film's premiere at Pittsburgh South Side Works Theatre, I knew I needed to add it to my personal collection. A great adaptation of a classic Poe tale... I will definitely be passing this film along to my friend who teaches Poe in his high school lit course. I could totally see this short film being used to supplement lesson plans.

Cask of Amontillado DVD
Definitely the best rendition of the classic Edgar Allan Poe story I've ever seen. Everything seems to have been done right, the lighting, the sound, the music and the acting. All while maintaining all the essential literary devices Poe intended, irony, revenge, etc. Set during the time of EAP, it brought me back to reading the story for the first time.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment