Friday, October 4, 2013

NCIS: Seasons 1-8



Beware Some Discs Don't Load or Skip
I bought NCIS Season 1-8 during one of those "sales" they have during the day several months ago, knowing it would make a excellent Christmas gift for my wife who loves the show. As she made her way through the seasons, she really had a great time seeing the episodes in order. Unfortunately, in Season 7 and Season 8 several of the discs have difficulty loading. I've cleaned the discs, cleaned the disc player with one of those DVD discs with the small microscopic brushes, but they still have problems. Of the five players we have in the house, those discs do not play on a Samsung Blu-Ray player (with updated firmware) and a Sony Blu-Ray player. Since I ordered the series early for Christmas, I missed the "window" for returning them, so, buyer beware of this issue.

NOTE: I noticed that Amazon had this same special a few days ago (May 2012). I would suggest that anyone buying the set play all of the discs ASAP, and return the set if any do not load correctly. If enough...

NCIS Nirvana
I enjoy NCIS, but my wife and daughter are addicted! I purchased the complete series as a birthday gift, and I have made them very happy. They have been able to find episodes that they haven't seen before, even on "marathon weekends". By watching some of the earlier episodes, things that happen later in the series make more sense. In addition, purchasing the DVD set has freed up a lot of space on our DVR, which was previously programmed to record every episode that aired on cable! If you are a dedicated NCIS fan, this set is definitely for you.

A must for ncis lovers!!!
I missed some of the seasons due to not being able to get the channel that it came on, so there was alot that I missed, so when I saw that all 8 seasons were available, I knew that I just had to get it. Am so glad that I did, this has been one of my all time favorite shows since it came on the air. I just really hope that they don't ever cancel it---that would be a big mistake for cbs. It seems like they like to take their good shows & just ruin them.
I hope that this shows keeps going on for a long time. I love Gibbs, Abby, Ziva, Tony, Tim & the rest of the gang. The characters all give their best each & every episode. I think that the producers have picked the right people to play the right parts. Its a fantastic cast.
I will be able to enjoy all seasons for a very long time. They will get watched & watched often. If you havent gotten this collection of series then you really should get it. :-)

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment